Tabs

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Decorating your mantel for Christmas on a budget!

Ever get tired of the same decorations year after year? Well, I do. So I thought I would spruce things up this year. It definitely needed to be cheap and I had to be resourceful. Overall I am really happy with the way it turned out!

Green and Gold are my colors for Christmas. One of the main walls in the family room is green and then another is blue. Then in my kitchen, I have an orange wall. Needless to say, I am limited on what colors I can use to decorate with.  

A couple of years ago I bought a bunch of ribbon on clearance at Sam's Club after Christmas. I have used some of it on my tree but that was it. I grabbed some of the ribbon and wrapped it around a short string of white lights and laid it across the mantel.

I needed height and it was just missing something eye catching. Where did I go?? Hobby Lobby! I found the big box paper letters and decided on the word NOEL. Bought a can of spray paint and I was set. The great thing was that both were on sale. Each letter cost me $1.80 and then the can of spray paint was $4.10.

Then while I was in the Christmas section I found some gold glitter twigs, wasn't sure how I was going to use them but I loved them and they were only $1.59 each. I got two. After I got it all home, I wasn't happy with any of the vases I had at the house but on a random trip into Kirkland's I found a beautiful vase for $6.99. Sold!

After everything I spent $21.50 and my mantel turned out great!!

Disregard the ugly black speaker...it can't be moved. 



2 comments:

  1. Cute! Our mantle has a TV hanging above it, so it's hard to decorate it, and make it look uniform. I love the twigs and lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is do cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete