I'm always up for good deals. My household couldn't survive without deals, coupons, etc. I'm by no means an extreme coupon lady, but I do my fair share of deal findings.
Here are a couple of strategies that I use on a weekly bases....
- Never pay full price!!! It's not worth it and if you take the time to look and search - I'm guarantee that you will find it for cheaper or something comparable for a lot cheaper.
- Always check Amazon. It is well worth paying for Amazon Prime (if you are a student - you can get the subscription for cheaper) If you sign up for Amazon Mom, plus use their Subscribe & Save you can save, save, save!! Example purchases - diapers, Christmas presents (Relic Watch), windshield wipers, baby wipes, & textbooks. (Don't forget - you can "clip" coupons on Amazon as well)
- Plastic Jungle: Sell and purchase gift cards or ecards. Look for odd amounts because you get a better savings. Example - Regal Entertainment ecard valued at $15 and I purchased it for $11. Then I had a $2 off coupon to use at the box office. Final price for 1 movie ticket and popcorn - $9!!!! Yes, please!!
- Target Red Card - It's their debit card and anytime you use it you get 5% off your total purchase. Then always check for Target coupons on target.com - I have saved a lot with combining both deals.
- Call your cable, internet, cell phone providers and ask for a lower rate. They want to keep your business and they will usually knock off some $$$ if you throw the card "I can get it for cheaper through another provider." Unfortunately, it's usually only a 6 month promotion so you will have to keep calling to renew the promotion.
I would love to know some of your deals & steals!!!
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
I feel like I’m back from the dead. The last 10 days have been anything but pleasant due to a nasty respiratory infection with a cough that shook Kalin to his core. Needless to say I was the image of anything but fashion. I made myself presentable enough to get by at work with multiple boxes of Kleenex’s and cough drops. Then over the weekend I lived in my pj’s and my wonderful husband took good care of me and our little girl. By Monday I was feeling better and wanted to look a little better too – so I headed to my make-up drawer. It’s amazing how much better you feel when you are able to put a little make-up on (at least for me). My eyes looked so tired and worn out and so my go-to product was eyeliner. It has to be one of the quickest facial pick-me-ups and is an instant feel better remedy.
There are multiple ways to wear eyeliner –
Top of eyelid
Under the bottom eyelid
On your eyelashes
Depending on where you put it and the depth of your lines will increase or decrease the dramatic effect. Also how far your take the line, to the edge of your lids or out past that with a fun curl on the end or sharp point.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Ever need a quick fix when you are having a bad hair day??
I have a great solution for you. KMS Hair Play Makeover Spray. For me – it’s waking up late and not having enough time to wash & dry my hair or I’m simply too lazy to wash it. I firmly believe that you shouldn’t wash your hair everyday anyways and this helps me achieve that.
Your hair wasn’t meant to be washed every day. Now I know you are saying to yourself, “There is no way I can go multiple days without washing, my hair is way too oily.” The good thing is that you can train your hair. When you train – definitely do it when you can be at home for a few days or don’t have to get all dolled up. I have trained my hair to go anywhere between 3-5 days without washing. *Gasp* I promise I still have good hygiene, every now and then I make my husband smell my hair just to reassure me.
KMS Makeover Spray will absorb unwanted oils and add texture back into your limp, unmanageable hair. Check out their website – they provide great info on what this product does!
Make your New Year Resolution easy this year…..abstain from washing your hair every day!